To prepare for a professional painting crew, reference the following checklist. Taking these steps will help your selected team go straight to proper surface preparation and lets you feel more relaxed when the project start date arrives.
- Unplug and mark all electronic cables and wires.
- Remove and store miscellaneous items in the areas to be painted (lamps, rugs, small kitchen appliances, papers, etc.).
- Move furniture to the center of rooms.
- Empty closet contents if they are on your project list.
- For decorative wall items that stay in the same place, leave hardware and remove items.
- Should wall items need to be relocated after painting, pull hardware for nail hole patching.
- Move pianos.
- Remove all window treatments such as curtains, blinds, and rods.
- Disable your alarm system.
- Ensure your pet(s) has another place to stay if strangers or noise causes anxiety.
- For those with odor sensitivities or pregnant women, we recommend leaving the work site.
Empire's Standard Preparation
Our team begins each work day at 8 am unless otherwise arranged with you. All flooring will be thoroughly covered in work areas. Furniture will be protected with sheets of painter’s plastic. Moved furniture will be re-positioned into place upon project completion. Trash and other materials will be disposed of properly at the end of each work day. Leftover paint cans will be labeled clearly with room and color.
Empire disposes of unwanted paint at a certified waste center to keep our environment clean. Please share ahead of time if you are not interested in keeping your leftover paint.
Certifying Your Satisfaction
Empire's crew leader, president, or our office will inform you of the expected completion time. We ask that you inspect our work to ensure you’re happy. Empire offers a three-year warranty on work as specified in your contract. And yes, we do uphold our warranty when necessary. With over 14 successful years serving Greater Milwaukee, Empire will be around long after your warranty window. That's something small or migrating contractors cannot promise.
Like any professional painting team, Empire understands you want to return to your space as soon as possible. We tailor the manpower to your project to ensure it's accomplished efficiently without sacrificing quality finishing.
Ready for a free quote? Let's schedule yours today.